WordPress Self-Hosted Blogs ? Part 1 ? How to Create a Page
These step are based on the WordPress 2.7 version, which is the newest version to date.
CREATING A NEW POST
1. New Post button: Click on the New Post button and then type in your title in the title field. Titles are seen in summaries on RSS feeds, so it is very important to have a strong title with keywords whenever possible.
2. Blog Post: Now write your blog post in area provided and format it with font colours, headers, paragraph font, and add media such as pictures, video, and/or audio.
3. Excerpt: Go to the Excerpt field and write a quick, keyword-rich excerpt or summary of your blog post.
4. Trackback Links: If you have discussed another person, especially a blogger or their article, be sure to put a trackback link to let them know.
5. Discussion: Go to the discussion field and allow or disallow comments on your post. I always allow comments on my blog but do not allow them when I create a page. By default, “allow pingbacks” is set. Leave the setting and allow pingbacks.
6. Tags: add tags as per the previous instructions and remember that they are particular to each post you create.
7. Categories: choose and select the most appropriate category for your post
8. Publish: go up to the publish box and adjust the settings as you want them. You can publish immediately, set a future date, or save it as a draft.
Congratulations!! You have just created a blog post!
CREATING A NEW PAGE
1. New Page: Click on the drop down arrow on the New Post button and click on New Page. As with creating a new post, type in your title in the title field.
2. New Page Content: Now write the content for your new page in area provided and format it with font colours, headers, paragraph font, add media such as pictures, video, and/or audio. Remember that pages are static content and are used for “About Us”, “Contact Us”, and so on.
3. Discussion: Go to the discussion field and allow or disallow comments on your post. I normally do not allow comments on my pages, but do allow them on my blog posts. By default, “allow pingbacks” is set and you can leave it at that.
a. Parent: you can choose to have this page be a main page, or a subpage of an already established page. Read the example they give in this area.
b. Template: If your theme has custom templates for pages, you will see them in the drop down list-you can apply a template to the page you just created if you want to. See the example given.
c. Order: you can change the order of how your pages appear on the navigation bar. Read the example given.
5. Publish: go up to the publish box and adjust the settings as you want them. You can publish immediately, set a future date, or save it as a draft.
Congratulations!! You have just created a New Page!
To learn more about Kathleen, Virtual Assistant and founder of The Savvy VA, go to her site address is: http://thesavvyva.com
Check my services page for details about Blogsite Design, Ebooks, 1Shopping Cart, and Social Networking Management. Get your backlinks indexed with Pingback Optimizer.
This video demonstrates the process of adding a new piece of news to Ditty News Ticker.
Video Rating: 5 / 5